Grouse & Fig Summer Salad
About this Recipe
To prepare the grouse
- In a bowl whisk the grouse marinade ingredients together with some salt and pepper. Spoon out into a flat dish and lay the breasts flesh side down. Leave for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl toss the figs, tomatoes, beans, watercress and herbs together with half of the dressing then place in piles on your serving plates.
- Divide the ricotta and almonds over the salads.
- Add the 2 tsp of olive oil into a frying pan on a medium/high heat. Cook the grouse breasts for about 2 minutes each side. Grouse breasts are best served pink, starting skin side down. Take of the heat and rest for 1 minute before thinly slicing and adding to your salad
- 4 Grouse breasts
- Grouse marinade
- 2 tsp Runny honey
- 2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp finely chopped thyme
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp olive oil for cooking
- 4 Ripe figs cut into quarters
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 300 grams green beans lightly blanched
- 1 small bunch watercress
- 10 grams mint leaves
- 10 grams parsley leaves
- 10 grams dill roughly chopped
- 200 grams ricotta
- 80 grams skin on almond roughly chopped
- 1 dsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 dsp runny honey
- 3 dsp extra virgin olive oil
Philippa Davis, international private chef and food writer, is a huge fan of grouse and enjoys using it to create fresh and healthy recipes.
“I love to show how versatile this amazing natural meat is and how it’s quick, easy and relevant for today’s kitchen table.